“Philosophy of ministry is critically important to every life and every organization.”
– Steve Logan, Founder of Mappings
Here at Mappings, we’ve been known to say,
“Nothing is more practical
than good theory”.
Why? Because theory informs and influences nearly every one of our decisions. And good decisions help create abundant lives and great organizations!
We believe in a healthy, well articulated, user-friendly philosophy of ministry.
We love to help leaders and their teams align decision making processes to their unique collection of perspective, priorities, personality and provisions – to achieve the greatest expression of their God-given purposes.
A strong philosophy of ministry will give you “eyes to see” like never before…
Philosophy of Ministry
What is the ultimate purpose of my life / our organization?
What beliefs and assumptions are driving my / our decisions?
What will I / we accept as evidence of mission advancement?
What core principles will guide my / our behaviors?
What needs to be provided for others and for ourselves?
These ingredients may be common, but their unique relationship to one another is not so common. Mappings will show you their significance.
What is your philosophy of ministry?
“This will become a question asked with increasing frequency and urgency in our era of rapid change. Leadership boards wrestle with their fundamental commitments. Societal changes, dissatisfaction with ineffective ministry, and a plethora of ministry models and “success seminars” have made philosophy and strategy of ministry a critical leadership function. This is foundationally important work!”
– Philip Sell, Christian Education Journal
- Allows your organization to embody its deepest held theological convictions.
- Encourages “best ministry practices’ by helping leaders know who, where, how, when to lead, and what to measure.
- Helps leaders better understand their roles and goals.
- Helps leaders articulate the reasons behind their ministry strategies.
- Is essential to achieving our greatest influence for Christ in this generation of accelerated change.
- Helps leaders gain focus and establish criteria for good decision making throughout their organization.
- Creates alignment throughout the organization; reducing ‘sideways energy’.